Sunday, February 19, 2006

Introduction - Our stories - Rebecca

Rebecca – I’m a very strong, Type-A personality, so when I set my mind to do something, I do it wholeheartedly. I was also raised to be very frugal with money, so when I decided to nurse, I did so long before I was ever even pregnant, and I decided it for a couple of reasons: 1) in my opinion, it’s the #1 function of the two breasts hanging on the front of my body – I think that’s what God intended those blobs of mammary glands and fatty tissue to do (my husband might disagree); 2) breastmilk will give my children the best start in life, and provide them with exactly what they need with respect to nutrients, vitamins, antioxidants, etc.; 3) formula is expensive! and breastmilk is free. I was; however, concerned about whether or not I was physically able to nurse, so although we discussed breast pump equipment, etc., with my OB/GYN during my pregnancy, we debated about buying vs renting a pump because of this concern prior to my son being born. Because of this concern, my husband and I decided against purchasing or renting a pump before the birth of our son. This physical concern is something that Jennifer and I will address in this book, as well as our recommendations for pump equipment based on our experiences and those of our nursing mom friends.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?